Our Response to COVID-19
Updated: July 30th, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought on unprecedented challenges to the people and business owners of New York. As we navigate these challenges to the best of our ability, we understand that things have to be done differently.
BrooklynWorks at 159 is committed to putting the health and safety of our community above all else. We have worked hard to implement the guidelines recommended by the city of New York and the CDC and will continue to comply with new guidelines as they become available.
As a small business that services small businesses, we are all in this together. In order for us to get through this, we know that the only way that this plan will be effective is if we all follow these guidelines. We must all work together to take care of ourselves and one another.
If you have any questions or comments about our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly via the contact information at the bottom of this page.
Health & Safety Updates to Our Facilities to date
- Space usage guidelines (see below)
- Hand sanitizer dispensers and disinfectant wipe stations available on every floor
- Socially distanced single desks have replaced shared tables in the Day Pass area
- Private offices available for daily use
- Maximum capacity for day pass area capped at 12
- Surgical masks available in the vending machine
- Foot pedals installed on all the water coolers
- Mail handling service updated
- Disposable coffee cup dispensers installed at each coffee station
COVID-19 Space Usage Guidelines - Effective June 1st, 2020
- We encourage all of our members and staff to stay up to date on and follow the latest information from the CDC on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19. You can find that here.
- Do not enter the space if you have 1) been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, 2) Have come in contact with anyone diagnosed in the past 14 days, 3) Shown symptoms in the past 14 days (refer to the CDC link above for a list of symptoms) or 4) Feel sick, have a temperature, or are otherwise unsure if you may have COVID.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of using the space, please let us know immediately.
- Masks or face coverings are required when using or traveling through all open areas at BrooklynWorks. This includes every space that is outside of your private office.
- Maintain a 6ft distance from other members whenever possible. Use common courtesy in smaller spaces, such as hallways, if someone else is passing through at the same time.
- Wipe down shared surfaces BEFORE and AFTER use with the sanitizing wet wipes available on each floor. This includes printers, vending machines, water coolers, sharing tables and desks and any other shared surface that you will be touching.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water.
- Conference rooms are limited to a maximum of 3 people at a time until further notice.
- The 2nd floor lounge is limited to 5 people at a time until further notice.
- The roof deck is limited to 10 people at a time until further notice.
- Staff must be notified in advance of outside guests. All guests must follow the guidelines listed above.